Tuesday 4 August 2009

I so wanna blog about this.


So I was at the bus stop just now waiting for the bus to arrive.

Then suddenly, an Indian man approaches me.
He tells me he had just suffered an asthma attack and says he has to get to Tan Tock Seng Hospital immediately.

The thing is, he wants to take a cab and he only has $2.
Yes, he asked me for $10. Like wtf.

I said, " Why not I call an ambulance for you? "
And he says its expensive.
" But your health is important. "
" cannot waste money lah. "

I didnt know what to say and kept quiet.
Then he prompts, " can or not? "

...
" sorry I cant. "

And he walks off.

Coincidentally, he got on the same bus as me. 74.
He got off 1 stop after AMK Mrt and walked towards the block of flats.


Conclusion : Is he a conman? Or not? Did I do the right thing?

I didnt trust him because..
1. I heard of MANY conman cases in AMK, and personally witnessed some.
= Not safe to trust people in the area.

2. Im just a boy who has barely reached 15.
Who approaches a student during an emergency? There were 2 other smartly-dressed men in the bus stop at that time. Why ask me and not them? Also, they're likely to have more cash than me.

3. Students are easier to cheat..?
Something I just thought about. Would you rather try to cheat a 20 year old young man or a primary school kid?

But I still dont know whether I did the right thing. -.-

No comments: