Thursday 16 April 2009

Did you know?

Knuckle cracking may seem cool but if you think it has no long-term effects, think again.

I was reading a book when I saw one paragraphy which attacted me.
Heres what it says..

" I begin to crack my knuckles, which I do whenever Im nervous. Aw, who am I kidding? I crack my knuckles all the time. I really need to stop because its annoying and it'll give me arthritis when Im older. "

In case you wanted to know, the title of the book is "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 2". Dont ask me why its titled "chicken soup" when its talking about teenagers. Im wondering about that too.

Ok back to the main point. Right. Arthritis.

Accorind to Wikipedia, its some kind of bone-deformation or something like that which looks kind of horrifying. I decided to bring this up as Im like cracking my knuckles everyday.

Jethro you ought to be worried too. (FYI, he wasnt just into knuckle cracking, HE WAS ALSO TRYING TO SHOW THAT HE COULD CRACK THE FIRST BEND/JOINT OF THE FINGER.)

Check out wikipedia if you want to see the terrible pictures.
Seriously I dont think it can be joked about. One of the pictures showed what looked like a mutant's hand.
No not X-men-like. Freak-like sounds more suitable.

Lol kk. Back to my book. (:

No comments: